Ever wonder how your application becomes a reality? Here are the steps you and your proposal take while journeying through the review process!
1. Creation: Applicants use guidelines and Grants.gov package to prepare materials for submission.
2. Applicant submits application package to Grants.gov by deadline.
3. NEH assembles peer review panel. Knowledgeable persons outside NEH read each application and advise the agency about its merits.
4. Using peer review evaluations, NEH staff recommends applications for funding based on available funds.
5. National Council on the Humanities, which meets three times a year, reviews the recommended applications.
6. NEH chairman takes into account the advice provided by the review process and, by law, makes all funding decisions.
7. Applicants are notified whether their projects will be funded.
To learn more, visit neh.gov/grants/application-process.