We received some great responses to our question, “What are you doing to commemorate #VeteransDay?” Here are examples of what some State Humanities Councils and divisions of the NEH did to celebrate the holiday and support our nation’s Veterans. We encourage you to learn more about their projects, many of which were featured in a post earlier this week. Click here to view the November 8th post.
Maine Humanities (@MaineHumanities)
- @NEH_Congress One of our ‘Local&Legendary: Maine in the Civil War’ teams has a Veterans event coming up! @mainehistory.
Minnesota Humanities (@humanities)
- MT @NEH_Congress the MN @humanities Center is hosting a luncheon w/ @wwpinc honoring MN’s Veterans’ Voices Awardees. Every day #VeteransDay
Kansas Humanities (@kshumanities)
- @NEH_Congress Gray County Veterans Memorial Center in #Cimarron is conducting oral history interviews with Korean War vets. #VeteransDay
- RT @NEH_Congress: @NEHgov #Veterans @NEH_Research preserved Presidential Papers including Eisenhower and Gen Marshall
Missouri Humanities (@MoHumanities)
- So awesome to see what @NEH_Congress & Councils across the country are doing for our veterans and military families!
- @NEH_Congress Some people getting the next book [“Proud To Be”] will get a bookmark made from recycled military uniforms.