Welcome to the National Endowment for the Humanities blog, created and administered by the NEH Office of Congressional Affairs. We are excited to provide a venue for Congressional staff, members of Congress, and their constituents to learn more about how the NEH serves communities across the country. We believe a blog will provide a streamlined, reader-friendly approach to learning about NEH and understanding it.
In the coming weeks and months, our blog will be updated weekly, providing information for Congressional staff to increase their knowledge of the NEH and to share with their constituents. Just to give you an idea of what to expect, here are a few of our upcoming blog series and posts:
- Explanations of specific grant programs, which will hopefully assist in reaching a greater understanding of NEH’s work on a small and large scale.
- Interviews with important people in the humanities community.
- The impact NEH projects and grants have had on communities and individuals.
- Upcoming events and trending topics.
- Information about successful grant recipients—we hope that learning about past grant recipients will inspire those thinking of applying to the NEH for a grant.
- NEH grants that relate to current events.
- Reports from NEH-funded state humanities councils.
That’s all for now. We hope that our blog will consistently make for an interesting read, and we will be sure to keep you updated on important issues in the humanities, and help you and your constituents understand what NEH does. Also, please help us help you: understanding what our readers are hoping to see on the blog will allow us to address the topics and questions that interest you. Please reach out to us via phone or email with any questions you may have.
We look forward to seeing you here again!